Winter skincare tips and a simple winter skincare regimen
By Carla Snuggs
Happy Winter, Posh Beauties! Living near the beach in Southern California, it gets a bit chilly at night. Indoor heat, wind, and long hot showers can take its toll on my skin. This season usually leaves me with dry, dull skin and breakouts. You, too? Keep reading to find out 4 things to do (or change) in your skincare regimen this winter, plus Posh Beauty Blog has an easy skincare regimen you can try using Murad products.
4 Winter Skincare Tips
Dr. Murad recommends the following four winter skincare tips:
2. Change to a thicker moisturizer
3. Use a humidifier when you sleep
4. Refrain from overly hot showers and baths.
To help combat dry skin this winter, try the following skincare regimen using Murad’s ultra-moisturizing and anti-aging skincare products. This, along with using a humidifier while I sleep, has really helped keep my skin extra-hydrated and prevent winter breakouts.
1. Cleanse both morning and evening with Murad Renewing Cleansing Cream or Murad Resurgence Renewing Cleansing Oil. Gently massage and rinse.
2. Apply Murad Hydrating Toner
3. Treat with Murad Intensive Age-Diffusing Serum on face and décolleté (both morning and evening)
4. Apply Murad Age-Balancing Night Cream
- Locks in optimal moisture levels for 8 hours
- Gentle enough for sensitive skin
- Quenches skin to create a more youthful, hydrated complexion
- Collagen Support Complex boosts resilience and plumps dehydrated skin
- Avocado, Sunflower and Olive Fruit Oils enhance skin's ability to retain maximum levels of hydration
- Retinyl Palmitate and Shea Butter improve texture and tone while restoring natural smoothness and softness
I am also a huge fan of Murad Transforming Powder ($30.00)
This is a weightless skin exfoliating liquid-free cleansing option that won Best Exfoliator for the 2014 Shape Beauty Awards. Stash this in your makeup bag, in-flight bag, or weekender for overnight stays so you never go to bed with a face full of makeup. I’ll be doing a lot of traveling this winter, so this is a must-have!
Money Saving Tip: You can save money and test out a full line of Murad products before you commit to buying full-sized product. The starter kits are around $30 – a great deal. Try Murad Pore Reform Starter Kit , Murad Acne Starter Kit or the Murad Resurgence Anti-aging Kit.
Disclosure: Press samples were provided by the brand/PR for editorial consideration, product testing, photography and review.
Do you use a humidifier when you sleep? Leave your comments below!