PlumHill Pure Body Essentials Founder Jeanne Kissman Shares Tips For Healthy Summertime Skin and Hair
By Carla Snuggs
Already counting down the days 'til summer fun in the sun? Right now is the perfect time to start planning camping trips to the river and all the outdoor music festivals you want to attend, but it's also important to prepare your summertime skin and hair regimen. If you're wondering how to keep your hair and skin healthy all summer, not to worry! Lifestyle expert Jeanne Kissman, founder of PlumHill pure body essentials, shared fantastic tips below with Posh Beauty Blog on ways to keep your skin and hair in tip top shape this summer.
Tips For Healthy Summertime Skin And Hair
- Protect your lips. The summer sun can dry out and cause damage to delicate lip tissue, so use an all natural lip balm with an SPF of 15 or higher.
- Take a cold shower. After a hot day in the sun, a hot shower will enhance the effects of dry skin. Take a cold shower to lower the temperature in your skin and reduce acne breakouts.
- Drink some red wine. Treat yourself to a glass of red wine before spending time in the sun. Studies suggest that the flavonoids found in the skin of red grapes may reduce the sun’s ability to destroy skin cells. Not only does wine taste yummy, but it also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.
- Use mineral makeup. Sunscreen is your skin's first line of defense against harmful UVA rays, but also use all natural mineral makeup for light coverage and an SPF protection of 30-50.
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat. Protect your skin and hair from the sun's damaging rays by wearing a wide-brimmed hat. The hat will also protect your scalp and prevent sunburn.
- Exfoliate away the dry skin. Everyone wants to have soft, supple skin in the summer, so use a sugar or salt scrub to rub away unwanted dry skin. Homemade scrubs are inexpensive and can be made from sugar or salt, olive oil, lemon juice, and your favorite essential oils. Pay close attention to the knees and elbows.
- Dine on melons. Beautiful summer skin comes from within. Eat a lot of cantaloupe and watermelon, as they are filled with antioxidants and will help hydrate the skin. Enjoy radiant summer skin by eating a healthy diet.
- Even out your skin tone. Use fresh strawberries to freshen up your skin tone. Cut large strawberries in half, squeeze them to release the juices, and rub them in circular motions over your face. Leave on your face for 2 – 3 minutes, then rinse. Consistent use will brighten sun and age spots to give you a more even skin tone.
- Protect your hair before swimming. Wet hair will absorb fewer chemicals like chlorine than dry hair. Also keep hair braided or pinned up to prevent unruly tangles. Avoid a tight bun, as wet hair is susceptible to breakage when it is pulled.
It's time to gear up for exciting outdoor summer excursions, but it is also important to prepare your hair and skin for all of the extra sun exposure. In addition to taking measures to protect against the sun, freshen up your skin and celebrate the season with sweet and tropical scented body essentials from PlumHill!
PlumHill is an all-natural skin care line that’ll take your skin from dry and chapped to fresh, glowing, and silky smooth! From bath and body products to gift sets and lip balms, PlumHill is the perfect choice for those wanting to bring a natural, paraben-free line of products into their skincare regimen.
The below summertime PlumHill pure body essentials will help you relax after long afternoons of beach volleyball and hikes.
Disclosure: Press samples were provided by the brand/PR for editorial consideration, product testing, photography and review.
How are you keeping your skin and hair healthy this summer? Leave your comments below!