The hottest beauty trends for the summer
By Carla Snuggs
Hope you’re enjoying your summer so far with lots of time vacationing and enjoying warm lazy days in the summer sun! But don’t be too lazy to keep your beauty regimen updated! StyleSeat has some summer beauty tips to help you do just that!
StyleSeat conducted online interviews with hundreds of beauty professionals throughout the country, including hair stylists, estheticians, nail technicians, makeup artists, and even barbers to find out what’s in, what’s out, what’s hot and what’s not. StyleSeat now gives you, with confidence, the ‘highlights’ (pun intended) found regarding current trends, future trends and the hottest looks to close out the summer.
The #1 hair trend for Summer 2014 will be BOBS!
Whether it be Swing Bobs, Inverted Bobs, Ombréd Bobs, Long Bobs or Short Bobs, hair stylists around the country say that Bobs are going to be the hottest trend for summer hair in 2014. Other top trends to watch out for: BALAYAGE HIGHLIGHTS & BRAIDS, BRAIDS, BRAIDS!
Hairstyle Trends by City
- Tuesday is the best day of the week to book a last minute hair appointment, followed by Wednesday.
- Sunday is the worst day to try to book a last minute appointment.
- Both the Ombré and the Bang trends continue to be strong, but have most likely leveled off in terms of popularity.
- Keratin treatments are going to be more popular than ever!
The #1 makeup trend for Summer 2014 will be coral lips!
Summer is when women put away heavy makeup and go for a more natural, sun-kissed look. Minimalist is the way to go, but almost all women agree that it’s impossible to go without any lipstick! Seems that coral is the new red when it comes to your lips, ladies!
The #1 nail trend for Summer 2014 will be NEON!
More nail trends:
- Mix ‘n Match is out; women want their toes to match their nails for summer.
- The Shellac trend continues to grow in popularity
- Glitter is the most popular nail art request in the summer.