3 eco-friendly beauty product recipes in honor of Earth Day
By Carla Snuggs
Today, April 22, is Earth Day so we want to honor the Earth by adding eco-friendly measures to our beauty routine. Last week we showed you a few ways to make your beauty routine a bit more environmentally friendly. Read here >> for easy ways to make your beauty routine a bit greener. One simple eco-friendly tip is to use home remedies and treatments with all natural ingredients.
DIY Makeup Remover Wipes*
1) Cut a roll of paper towel in half and stick one half in a reusable container with a lid
2) Combine two cups water and two tablespoons (1 if you have oily skin) of olive oil to make the solution
3) Pour the solution over the paper towels
Lasts about a week or two
1) Add 1 cup sugar and a few quirts of lemon in a bowl and stir to combine
2) Scrub around body to exfoliate the skin. The lemon helps to destroy dirt and bacteria
Natural Face Mask
1) Combine 2 teaspoons cosmetic, facial, spa quality clay with either a few drops of hot water or apple cider vinegar (which is an antibacterial) to make a paste
2) Apply mask to face and neck, avoiding eyes, and allow to sit for about 10 minutes, then wash with cold water
Thanks Ashley Baboota! And there you have it, 3 easy, breezy beauty products you can make yourself. The Earth will thank you!
What are you favorite DIY beauty recipes? Leave your comments below!