5 alternatives to Botox
By Carla Snuggs
Botox is an extremely popular option when it comes to temporarily reducing wrinkles. However, you don’t have to resort to injections to reduce fine lines and get healthy, smooth youthful looking skin. Posh Beauty talked to top dermatologist Dr. Francesca Fusco, Associate Dermatologist at Wexler Dermatology, to discover sound alternatives to Botox. Here are Dr. Fusco’s 5 alternatives to Botox:
“Many women I see want the smooth effects that neurotoxins bring, but are hesitant because of needle fear, budget concerns, pregnancy, breast feeding, etc.; I have lots of tips for alternative treatment options,” says Dr. Fusco.
1) Retinol: A gold standard in Dermatology, retinol will stimulate collagen and smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. But some gals are concerned about irritation or sun sensitivity. A product like Vichy Retinol HA Advanced Concentrate ($55 at Vichyusa.com) is the perfect answer. Applied to frown lines regularly it will smooth and plump. Tip: don't wait for that fine line to become a crease! Start early.
2) For Crows Feet: If you wear glasses or contacts, get your eyes examined. No kidding! If you are squinting a lot, those crow's feet are going to deepen quickly. The eye skin is very delicate so a serum like L’Dara Advanced Anti-Aging Serum ($120 at Ldaraserum.com) patted gently will smooth and plump, without harsh irritating effects. And don't forget sunglasses!
3) For an instant firm and boost prior to a reunion or selfie, try a temporary tightener that acts like Spanx on your bags. “I like Hydroxatone 90 Second Wrinkle Reducer,” says Dr. Fusco ($59.95 at Hydroxatone.com).
4) JeNu Active-Youth Skincare System: A magic wand that drives antioxidant serum deeper than just tapping, and when used over time will smooth out eye wrinkles ($249 at Jenu.com).
5) BioBliss: This system uses a unique micro-current infusion technology to effectively deliver anti-aging ingredients to the peri-orbital region and frown lines (Biobliss.com).
What are your favorite alternatives to Botox? Leave your comments below!