How to wash your Remy Hair Extenision step by step
By Carla Snuggs
Remy hair extensions are one of the most popular human hair extensions available. With a wide range of quality levels, it’s important to know what your extensions can and cannot handle as far as use and styling. With proper care, your extensions with give you several months of beautiful hair that is soft and beautiful.
Regular Cleaning Instructions
Remy Hair Extensions do not receive natural oils from your scalp like natural hair. This requires some extra care when washing to ensure that one does not dry them out. As a rule of thumb, hair should be washed and conditioned every 3-4 days.
You Will Need:
Soft bristle hairbrush
Low pH/High moisturizing shampoo and conditioner
The Cleaning Process
1. Brush hair thoroughly prior to washing to remove any knots and/or tangles. Start at the bottom and gently work your way to the top being cautious not to pull on the hair.
2. Wet hair as normal.
3. Apply conditioner to the extensions prior to washing to help maintain moisture levels. Do not rinse.
4. Apply shampoo (on top of conditioned extensions) and wash gently.
5. Rinse thoroughly.
6. Apply moisturizing conditioner.
7. Rinse thoroughly.
8. Wrap hair in a towel and allow the towel to absorb moisture. Avoid rubbing the towel through hair to dry.
9. Comb carefully to work through any knots and tangles that may have formed while washing.
10. Allowing hair to air-dry is best. Never sleep in wet hair as this causes tangles.
Cleaning Extensions after Swimming
The chlorine found in swimming pools and salt found in the ocean can be damaging to hair extensions. In general, the more processed the extensions (ex: Bohemian), the less they can handle being in the water. If you have high quality extensions, they should be fine with proper care. Follow these steps to keep your hair looking great.
You Will Need:
High moisturizing conditioner
The Cleaning Process:
1. The most important thing when swimming with remy hair extensions is to clean the hair immediately afterwards to avoid damage from chemicals,
2. chlorine and salt.
3. Rinse hair thoroughly to remove all chemicals. If necessary, wash hair following instructions above.
4. Allow hair to air-dry completely.
5. If hair becomes dry, follow these steps:
a. Apply high moisture conditioner to hair
b. Wrap in a moist, warm towel.
c. Let the conditioner remain on hair for 10-30 minutes.
Feature image courtesy Wowcher.co.uk
How often do you clean your Remy Hair Extensions? Leave your comments below.