Boho chic style tips
By Carla Snuggs
It's music festival season! If you’re heading to any upcoming outdoor music festivals, especially Coachella, you’ll definitely want to look bohemian cool and chic. To help you with your Bohemian music festival style, we tapped Celebrity Style Expert, Pandora Amoratis. Pandora has styled many starlets including Orange is the New Black's Taryn Manning, MTV's The Hills Audrina Patridge and the cast of Bravo’s Atlanta Housewives. Here are Pandora’s tips for exceptional Bohemian style:
Pack pieces that together create eclectic ensembles that appear effortless even though they actually took some thought. Keeping in mind: Layering is a balancing act.
Music Festival Style Trends to Follow:
- Body chains, hand jewelry and head pieces
- Crop tops
- High waisted bottoms
- Very distressed denim
- Corset tops
- Fringe booties and fringe handbags
- Round sunglasses
- Wide cut flowy pants/skirts
- Sheer tops
Keep up with Boho Chic!
Play with Prints:
- Start with a printed flowy bottom (skirt or pants) and pair it with a solid color crop top. The top should be a color that's in the print of the skirt.
- Wear this over a printed string bikini.
- To prevent wearing two competing prints, the designs should be in similar color palettes but in different sizes.
- Keep your footwear in a solid color. Fringe booties or strappy flat sandals go with everything.
- Pile on the jewelry. Layer pieces of varying lengths and sizes. A ring on every finger is HOT.
- Start with distressed denim shorts. Pair them with a sleeveless tee that has low arm holes or a sheer cop top so you can see what's underneath.
- Underneath should be a bright colored bandeau or your bathing suit.
- Wear this with a pair of combat boots.
- Top the look off with a head piece and multiple layers of mixed-metal jewelry.
- Their feminine flair will balance out the masculine boots.
Music Festival Accessories
Practical Music Festival Style Tips:
- Bring versatile pieces that you can mix-n-match and wear in different ways. A scarf will be in heavy rotation. It can be wrapped around your head for glam, neck for warmth or waist for covering up.
- Heels are a fashion no-no.
- To be prepared for any type of weather, bring pieces that layer, a stylish hoodie is great for evening.
What’s your music festival style? Leave your comments below! =)