Find your signature scent and spring fragrance guide
By: Carla Snuggs
Now that spring is well under way, we hope you’ve found the perfect spring fragrance. If you’re looking for a fresh new scent this spring, keep reading: Posh Beauty Blog is going to help you find your signature scent and introduce you to a few fresh scents for spring. No matter your style or budget, there is a wonderful spring fragrance for everyone.
First, let’s begin with how to find your signature scent. Patti Kapla, beauty aficionado and V.P. Business Development of leading fragrance e-retailer FragranceNet.com, provides the following tips for selecting your signature scent this spring. “A signature scent is the scent that makes you feel (and smell) your best. It is a reflection of who you are as an individual and it is the scent that people associate with you,“ explains Patti.
On the other hand, a fragrance personality is defined by the personality of the wearer (and he/she may have more than one). “Do you love rock (Fruity fragrances) or jazz (orientals), blue (woody scents) or pink (florals)? Our fragrance personality reflects our individual personalities whereas our signature scent associates us to a particular smell, says Patti”.
Here are 3 tips for finding your signature scent according to Patti Kapla:
3 tips for finding your signature scent:
1) Be true to you and consider your lifestyle, habits and personality, and choose a fragrance to follow suit. A lot can be determined about a woman by the scent she chooses to wear, so find something that matches your personality. Pink, pink and more pink! If you’re the girl that loves frills, lace, flowers, a floral scent will make you feel truly feminine. If you’d rather go camping than to a cocktail party, a light and airy fragrance that holds the scent of soft fruits, flowers and woods would matches your zest for the outdoors. If fashion is your passion a delicate floral scent with underlying fruity notes that won’t overwhelm and distract from your couture-inspired wardrobe for the finishing touch on any ultra-trendy ensemble.
2) Make it age appropriate. Unless your 14-year-old daughter has a deep passion for vintage leather chypres, or your aging mother-in-law worships Paris Hilton, take a moment to consider whether the perfume in question is appropriate for you.
3) Have fun in the selection process! Selecting a fragrance is not a test of life. There are no right or wrong answers. Wear whatever makes you smile!
Here are some Posh Beauty Blog’s favorite spring fragrances.
1) Hudson Yards from Bond No 9 New York
“Hudson Yards, the scent, is a luminous melange of dewy petals piled upon petals. It starts with lush, attention-grabbing lily of the valley, mingled with fresh and innocent freesia and piquant pink peppercorns. Now that your senses are awakened, it smoothly transits into its middle-range notes: a dewy floral bouquet of peony buds and Bulgarian rose—made even more intoxicating with the addition of wine-like lychee. The enduring base notes—woody-citrusy orange flower, iris absolute, and white musk—serve to keep Hudson Yards afloat (100ml, $285; 50ml, $200; body silk, $135; candle, $115; liquid silk, $95; refillable pocket spray, $95, Bondno9.com).
2) Rock Revival Rose Edition
Buckle introduces their Limited Edition Rock Revival Rose Eau de Parfum, the second in a series of Rock Revival pArfums for her. A sparkling combination of crisp apple, quince, and nectarine creates an invigorating top that fades into a luscious middle of sophisticated jasmine and soft rose. Sugared musk, tonka bean and creamy vanilla swirl to a deliciously addictive finish. Top Notes: Apple, Passionfruit, Quince, Nectarine. Mid Notes: Peach, Jasmine, Lush Rose, Magnolia. Base Notes: Sugared Musk, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Amber, Sandalwood ($49, Buckle Stores & Buckle.com).
3) Story by Francesca’s™ Her Scent Inspired The Flowers
Her Scent Inspired The Flowers is the first in the new Story collection of Eau de Parfums, Available exclusively at Francesca’s. Crisp top notes remniscent of a garden after the rain, blended with a heart of dewy jasmine and white peony petals compliment the sun kissed warmth of skin musk and cedarwood. Top Notes: Ozonic Rain Accord, Mandarin. Mid Notes: Dewy Jasmine, White Peony, Muguet. Base Notes: Skin Musk, Cedarwood ($18, Francesca’s Stores & Francescas.com).
4) Urban Outfitters Rose Petals, Peony, and Bergamot Perfume Oil
Enjoy Rose Petals, Peony & Bergamot Perfume Oil in an oversized Pulse roll-on. This luxurious modern rose perfume oil is infused with real rosebuds and comes in an oversized rollerball for elegant application on pulse points. Top Notes: Rose Petals, Bergamot, Freesia. Mid Notes: Bulgarian Rose, Rose of May Absolut, Peony. Base Notes: White Musk, Blond Woods. Includes real rosebuds with natural apricot and sweet almond oils as well as nurturing Vitamin E ($18, Urban Outfitters Stores & Urbanoutfitters.com).
5) American Crew 9
One of my favorite spring scents for men! Top Notes: Black Pepper, Lavender, Bergamot and Apple. Middle Notes: Jasmine, Cistus Labdanum, Coriander and Clove. Base Notes: Patchouli, Cedar, Sandalwood, Amber and Musk ($34.95, AmericanCrew.com).
6) BOSS NUIT Pour Femme Eau de Parfum
Top Notes: Aldehydes, Peach. Middle Notes: White flowers, Jasmine, Violet. Base Notes: Crystalline moss, Sandalwood (50 ml $59, 75 ml $75, HUGO BOSS stores and Hugoboss.com)
7) Fresh Life Eau du Parfum
Love this fresh, clean, light daytime scent: Fragrance Notes: Velvet Bergamot, Vanilla Grass, Dreamy Cypress, Grapefruit, Magnolia, Amber, Tart Orange, Tonka Flowers, Cucumber and Morning Dew ($48, Fresh.com).
Image: Dailyproteinebooks.blogspot.com //Some products were received for editorial consideration, but all opinions are my own.
What is your favorite fragrance this spring? Leave your comments below!