How to grow back thin or over plucked eyebrows
By Carla Snuggs
When it comes to makeup trends, eyebrows, eyebrow cosmetics and brow shaping are taking center stage. The way you style your eyebrows make such a difference because they frame the face and the eyes. This year, full, bold and natural eyebrows are everything! If you're like me and you have eyebrow envy, keep reading.
Posh Beauty Blog sourced Joey Healy to learn more about brow regrowth. A triple threat in the beauty industry, Joey Healy is a prominent eyebrow stylist, professional makeup artist and licensed esthetician. With his skill for creating the ideal arch, Joey launched a mobile eyebrow styling division in late 2009, The Joey Healy Eyebrow Collection in 2011 and The Joey Healy Eyebrow Studio in December, 2012.
Here are 5 things your should know about eyebrow regrowth for those who want to grow fuller, thicker brows by Joey Healy:
1) The best tool for eyebrow regrowth is patience. For four weeks there should be absolutely no tweezing or hair removal, including strays. This is extremely important to remember because every hair looks like it is a stray until there are two more hairs close to each other.
2) It is essential to use an eyebrow serum, preferably one with peptides. Joey Healy recommends using the Brow Renovation Serum ($125, available at joeyhealy.com) from the Joey Healy Eyebrow Collection. This serum has essential peptides that strengthen the hair follicle to support healthier and fuller eyebrows and improve the health of the surrounding skin for thicker growth.
3) Tinting is an immediate way to obtain fuller, thicker brows. Tinting the brows is the best way to instantaneously create a more prominent look because tinting makes sure every hair is working its hardest to give a strong, dense brow. This includes baby hairs, those that may have a blonde highlight from the sun and even pesky greys. Tinting eyebrows makes sure all hairs are accounted for and contributing to the eyebrow shape as a whole.
4) Don’t trim any eyebrow hairs. One of the biggest mistakes people make is trimming their eyebrows. Sometimes the greatest asset in someone’s overall eyebrow appearance is the length of the hairs. When trimming eyebrows someone could potentially be giving themselves gaps or holes that will be revealed after combing. All hairs should generously overlap with their neighbor in order to create a thick, full appearance. It is important to trim only where the hair is particularly coarse and when guided by a professional.
5) Book a visit with an eyebrow professional. Achieving the perfect, thick eyebrow is not a DIY job. It is important to visit a professional that educates you to how to do maintain eyebrows on your own to touch up in between appointments. It is also important to book an appointment with someone that only tweezes rather than waxing and threading. These types of hair removal methods remove too much hair at one time where tweezing allows for more control and deliberate removal of individual hairs.
Brow Renovation Serum ($125, available at joeyhealy.com)
Feature Image courtesy of Fashionmagazine.com
Have you had success regrowing your eyebrows? Leave your coments b