A complete cheese board set makes a great hostess gift
By Carla Snuggs
A good party guest brings a great hostess gift. While a bottle of wine is great, it's droll. time to step up your hostess gift game! Castello, a Danish provider of authentic specialty cheese, suggests gifting the host or hostess in your life something unexpected to better their home entertaining reputation - an ultimate and complete cheese board set.
A great cheese board includes:
- Castello Aged Havarti, Traditional Danish Blue and Saga Blue Brie
- A Boska slate cheese board
- Lindsay Greek Kalamata Olives
- Olli Salumeria Charcuterie
- Lesley Stowe's Raincoast Crisps, gourmet crackers
- Walnuts and Marcona almonds
- Fruit, Gala apples and Asian pears
- And tips to complete the perfect cheeseboard. You can find the tips for your hostess gift to download and print out here.
DIY Cheese Board Tip: Foods to Pair with Cheeses
If you decide to create a cheese board for your own holiday party, Castello provides easy tips to help your cheese board shine (see the link above). The perfect cheese board includes a variety of delicious accompaniments that allow the palate to appreciate the taste of the cheese. onsider four main types of pairings:
- Bread. Flatbread, grilled crostini, crackers, baguette
- Sweet. Figs, apricots, honey, berry preserves
- Savory/Salty. Marcona almonds, cashews, Kalamata olives, spicy mustard
- Charcuterie. White wine salami, prosciutto, pork pâté, Andouille sausage
By following Castello's checklist, you can bring out your inner gourmet and create a cheese board that delights your guests and takes them on an exciting culinary adventure.
What are your favorite foods to pair with cheeses? Please leave your comments below!