Incorporate kale into your diet and your skincare regimen
By Carla Snuggs
Experts tout kale's superfood powers as a metabolism-boosting, vitamin-infused foodie's food perfect for whittling our waists, but this veggie just got even better as it's now the main ingredient in many of our favorite beauty products! Between using it in our salads and in our favorite beauty products, no wonder there's an entire day dedicated to the superfood. Yes, there is a National Kale Day in Ocrtober!
Celebrity wellness expert Shanna Israel* of Vertical Wellness shares tips on how to incorporate this great superfood into your salad AND serum. Working with A-list celebs, Shanna works every day to help educate on healthy swaps and nutrients that promote a healthy lifestyle.
How to Incorporate Kale in Your salad AND Serum
by Shanna Israel
1. It rejuvenates skin: Kale is a fantastic superfood – including it into your diet and your beauty regimen provides a lot of nutrients and antioxidants that help rejuvenate your skin. More beauty brands are starting to incorporate this superfood into their products because of its great health benefits.
2. It's a natural, food-based beauty ingredient: Beauty products are not regulated, so you have to be very cautious about ingredients! That's why organic brands that incorporate food-based ingredients, like kale, are so great. Make sure to read labels and understand the ingredients included in each product. My rule is: if you can't put it in your mouth, don't put it on your skin!
3. It pairs well with (almost) anything: Whether in beauty products, green detox smoothies or in chip form, you can find kale in a form everyone will love. The celebs love it!
4. It's chock-full of vitamins: Kale has a lot of amazing vitamins that help our entire body - A (helps with wrinkles) C (helps with collagen) K (helps with dark circles) are just a few. Kale can also help with inflammation.
5. Shanna's Top Kale Picks: When it comes to kale-infused skincare, I love Eminence! It's my go-to brand. They produce high quality beauty products and have recently introduced a great kale-infused serum - my go-to's are Eminence Citrus & Kale Serum and Eminence Citrus & Kale Masque.
*Shanna Israel, Celeb lifestyle expert and Founder of Vertical Wellness Shanna Israel is a professional nutrition and lifestyle expert in the intersecting worlds of health, wellness, fashion and entertainment. Shanna has immersed herself within the healthcare industry after her near death experience battling West Nile virus followed by Graves' disease and Hashimoto's. Shanna, now a health advocate and wellness professional, created Vertical Wellness as platform for people to learn about viable treatment options and preventative care. Combining her expertise in wellness and health, as well as nutrition and dietary restrictions for various diet plans and conditions, Vertical Wellness collaborates with health professionals and A-list celebrities to deliver invaluable information to help readers achieve optimal health, regardless of dietary restriction or limitation.
How do you incorporate kale into your diet and your beauty regimen? Leave your comments below!