Winter skincare recipes using Nutiva’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil and Organic Coconut Sugar
By Carla Snuggs
Some of the best beauty recipes incorporate Organic Virgin Coconut Oil to hydrate your skin, hair and lips, and are perfect for DIY spa treatments in the comfort of your home. And with arctic temperatures all around the country, there’s no better time than now to take your winter beauty routine to the next level.
First, bring new life to dehydrated skin with Nutiva’s Vanilla Cinnamon Latte Body Scrub. This scrub is easily made with Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar, coffee grounds and vanilla extract. It smells divine and will help increase circulation too!
Then, after a day spent trudging through the elements in heavy boots, revitalize tired feet with Nutiva’s CocoPeppermint Foot Butter. Simply combine Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil with Shea Butter and Peppermint Essential Oil for a soothing, yet invigorating treat or substitute Lavender Essential Oil for a calming effect. Keep reading for the recipes, courtesy of Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil.
Vanilla Cinnamon Latte Body Scrub
A sublime body scrub to increase circulation and bring new life to dehydrated skin.
1/4 c Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
1/2 c Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
1/2 c Coffee, ground
1 tsp Vanilla Extract or 20 drops Vanilla Essential Oil
4 drops Cinnamon Essential Oil
1. In a double boiler over low heat, gently warm the coconut oil. Be careful not to melt the oil - heat just enough to blend easily with the sugar and coffee grounds. Once warm, remove from heat and transfer the oil to a bowl.
CocoPeppermint Foot Butter
An amazing blend of coconut oil, shea butter and peppermint essential oil to revitalize tired feet. Shea Butter is available at most natural foods stores. We like Everyday Shea by Alaffia
2 Tbsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
5 Tbsp Shea Butter
40 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
1. In a double boiler over low heat, gently warm the coconut oil and shea butter. Be careful not to melt the oil and butter - heat just enough to blend easily. Once incorporated, transfer the oil and butter mixture to a bowl.
2. Using an electric mixer, blend the coconut oil and butter on low to medium speed until well incorporated, 1-2 minutes. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl and avoid having any clumps in the final product.
3. Increase the speed to medium for several minutes until the mixture is thick and buttery. Continue to incorporate the ingredients by scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
4. Add the essential oil and blend to incorporate. The whole mixing process should take 5 to 6 minutes.
Yields 4oz. Transfer to a container like a wide-mouth canning jar for easy scooping. The peppermint oil gives a wonderful, tingling sensation for tired feet. You can also substitute lavender essential oil for a calming effect.
More DIY Beauty Recipes
Press samples were provided by the brand/PR for editorial consideration, product testing, photography and review.