There are a lot of varied sources from where single parents can seek help and support. These sources have specially designed programs that will benefit the lone providers who are often found struggling with debt and their everyday finance. Right from food to childcare everything is covered by these programs.
The food banks
Ideally, food banks were created and used to support people in times of crisis when there was no adequate level of food to provide. Now these food banks also help the single parents as well though most of them are unaware of this fact and source. Few other that knew about the food banks were not sure about their eligibility for such support programs.
· Now there are a number of government run local and community based centers that advice single parents about such programs that are specially designed to support families with young children.
· These food banks highlight their vital role to wards community support in signposting aide and assistance to single parents. However, the identification of needs and signposting was not as good as desired and in most of the times most single parents are deprived of such support.
· Add to that people did not even dare to ask whether or not they are entitled to such support which made all the difference between knowing that these food banks exists and availing their support.
· As for the others, the issue lied in getting access to the food bank due to the lack of resources or money.
What these factors really implies is that in these circumstances when one does not know about the food banks or cannot access it due to financial constraints of not being able to afford the transport, had a serious impact which is of a different kind of hardship. This means those who cannot afford food due to hardship faced another form of hardship by constructing a cycle of deprivation.
Mental health support
It is a known and well established fact that single parents face mental conditions and seek help and support in that as well to deal with their debt and financial conditions. Professional help sought when parents hit a crisis point will be of great influence in their lives to deal with their finance, their accumulated stress and other hardships of being a single parent.
· Situations will be prevented from becoming overwhelming, and the ability to continue with parenting duties will be highlighted and improved.
· As the feeling of crisis is constructed as extreme, it is an underlying sentiment that mental help provided to single parents is an extraordinary act that is not typical or expected but is born out of crisis.
· In such cases typically a general practitioner also known as a family practitioner will act as the first line of support. They are considered to be highly responsive, caring and supportive and often offer antidepressants in the form of expert intervention into matters.
· Their initial response creates a high impact and is usually received well. They are highly helpful and supportive and are capable of coming up with brilliant solutions to the desperate situation. Keeping things talking is their primary objective which is sometimes more effective than taking on any debt without any considerations.
· They may suggest you to take advantage of the various benefits and relief programs available on nationaldebtrelief.com and others as well. They may also suggest some chemical help that might put you and your outlook back on track.
As the financial distress is caused due to social stressors, drug therapies were never seen as a viable treatment in such situations as an alternative to psychotherapy. Apart from that it was also believed that the chemical solution acting on their brain will also have some adverse effect making the situation even worse.
Casual beliefs deprive the benefits
All these causal beliefs of the single parents about the origins of their distress that involves financial and social primarily prevented the single parent from accepting the feasibility of such an intervention. They also believed that pharmacotherapy would not address the real issue but will simply mask it and may even reduce them to a fluffy state. This resulted in the underlying issues remaining in power and was left unaddressed perhaps to worsen the situation even more.
It is also believed that taking antidepressant would make them more susceptible to being taken for granted or advantage of. They will not be fully coherent to manage the multiple responsibilities they have to undertake and juggle with.
However, on a deeper thought, these antidepressants regulated the feelings of depression, anger and sadness which are considered to be normal and justified. When you have control over your justified feelings, these interventions will also help you to have an alternative focus. This allows all single parents to address the social consequences of psychological distress easily effectively and successfully.
You will come to know what is causing the depression or anxiety that will help to work towards it in a better way to resolve those issues. You will feel that it is better to address these issues than to mask these away so that you become even more relaxed and maybe even a bit more compliant.
Still, people do want any of their sense to be reduced even if it is depression, anger and anxiety. This is due to the general skepticism to the psychological interventions and feeling that their conditions and feelings are legitimate and therefore they have all the right to suffer.
However, counseling process can provide a lot of effective solutions with each session with the counselor. It will not only be helped but truthful. You will have a lot of help in controlling your low mood, depression and anxiety, rectify the social circumstances and change the way of thinking of all your underlying social and financial stress origins.
Therefore, psychological intervention will produce morbidity and help you to deal with the complex social needs to deal with debt and manage your finance in a better way as all the stressors are external.