Spring decorating trends
By Liz Toombs, C.I.D.
President & Founder, Polka Dots & Rosebuds Interiors
What’s trendy for springing your home forward? In my work with clients, I often see fashion influencing décor and sometimes, vice versa. Here’s a look at five decorating trends that are fashion-forward for the new season:
1. With greenery being the Pantone Color of the Year, there was a lot of it on the runway and you can bet greenery is big in decor too. Spring is the perfect season to begin introducing this bold, fresh color into your home through accessories or paint.
2. Wallpaper has seen a major comeback in the past few years. This spring, the wallpaper trend goes to the next level by using statement wallpapers as accent walls. As seen here, geometric wallpapers are very popular.
3. Sparkly and shiny pieces dotted the runway and we are glad this trend has crossed over into décor. We prefer adding sparkle in small, subtle ways such as with accessories.
4. Faux fur is a luxurious trend that can easily be worked into décor year-round. One of the most popular ways to add faux fur to a space is by placing a small white faux fur rug onto an accent chair for an added layer of style and comfort (as shown).
5. Faux can also come into play with our final trend, which is the popularity of indoor plants. If you don’t want the responsibility of keeping plants alive, faux is an option. Some trendy plants we are seeing incorporated into design include fiddle-leaf fig trees, succulents, indoor vines in planters, and our favorite, orchids.