A recipe for a homemade dirty chai latte
By Carla Snuggs
One of my favorite kitchen gadgets is my Nespresso Pixie, and it is an important part of my at-home coffee bar. I use my Nespresso for quick and easy espresso drinks and have recently fallen in love with making dirty chai lattes! If you haven't had one, you're in for a treat! It's like a chai latte on steroids - you're getting all of the flavor and benefits of delicious, cinnamony chai tea with the kick of coffee. Here is how to make one in a jiffy!
Dirty Chai Tea Latte Recipe
I usually just eyeball my measurements, but here is a dirty chai recipe from with exact measurements.
- 1 tea bag of chai tealoose chai tea
- Milk or cream of your choice
- 2 shots of espresso*
- Flavorings: honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon
- If you have a Nespresso machine, you can save money on Nespresso alternative capsules like coffee capsules of Gourmesso. Yes – you can get quality and fair trade certified coffee capsules priced 30% less than Nespresso. I used to save my expensive Nespresso capsules for company, but this makes using the Nespresso machine on a regular basis much more affordable.
- If you don't have an espresso machine, you can use very strong coffee instead.
- If you can find coconut chai tea bags, it will take your dirty chai to another level! Or better yet, make your own using one of my favorite homemade chai tea recipe .
- Brew the chai tea and then remove the tea bag or loose tea container from tea
- Stir honey and vanilla into the your cup of chai tea
- Add warm or steamed milk
- Top with espresso shots or coffee
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top (optional)
That's it! Relax and enjoy!
Have you ever had a dirty chai latte? Leave your comments below!