If you are planning to open up your own beauty salon there are some things which you just will not be able to manage without. Having the right premises, the right staff with the right expertise, the right atmosphere and the right equipment is all essential requisites to make your beauty salon business a success.
The beauty industry is growing and a successful business must offer increasing numbers of procedures using the latest techniques in order to not just survive but to grow into a lucrative business.
When you have found the perfect premises you need to determine a couple of other details before kitting out your salon.
1. How many clients will you want (or need) to attend to at the same time?
2. How many workers do you plan to employ?
Now it’s time to get down to the basics.
You will need to find a wholesale supplier for your beauty salon equipment – check out The Salon Outlet, they have a great range of beauty / hair salon supplies at extremely competitive prices. The sorts of things you will need include:
• Hair brushes and combs – and plenty of them. You’ll need a large variety of brushes and combs including square brush, round brush, smoothing brush, thermal brush, paddle brush, wide tooth brushes, rat tail comb, tail-end comb, teasing comb, two-tail comb, wide toothed comb – in fact you’ll need a great number of brushes and combs in a variety of styles, all perfect for different jobs and helping you to achieve the perfect hair style for your clients.
• Electronic equipment and hair styling tools – hair dryers, hair straightener, curling iron, ridge curling iron, barber scissors, trimming scissors, clippers, big barrel curler, diffusers, hair curlers, hair clippers, hot rollers . . . the list is almost endless.
• Other beauty supplies – uv sterilizer, hand towel sterilizer / warmer, airbrush compressor, airbrush makeup kit, tweezers, cosmetic organizers, brushes, cosmetics, nail polish, moisturizer, cleansers, spa treatments . . . and on, and on, and on.
• Other salon supplies – hair clips, mixing bowls, applicator brushes, paper towels, handheld mirrors, plastic gloves, rubber gloves, hood dryers, aprons, shampoo bowls, water sprayers, shampoos, styling gels, conditioners, serums, mousse, hair dyes, hair colors, hair extensions, hair styling accessories, wigs, sterilizer cabinets, mirrors, clothes hanging area, gowns, towels
• Beauty salon furniture – styling chairs, hair styling stations, reception desk, trolleys and carts, makeup organizers, waiting area furnishings including chairs, magazine racks, couch, coffee machine, washing machine, radio, plants, pictures and other decoration in order to create a relaxing, comfortable environment.
You will also need to make some provision for a staff restroom, particularly if you will be employing several members of staff. They will need to have a private rest room as well as somewhere to enjoy a break with a coffee, read a magazine or eat their lunch.
Many of these items are relatively inexpensive; it really is just about getting the basics into your hair and beauty salon in order for you to start working and building up your clientele. If you have a well organized and well equipped professional salon with a team of friendly, experienced staff and provide a great service then you have a very good chance of building a solid, stable and financially rewarding business.
The smaller details really are of the utmost importance when it comes to kitting out a professional hair and beauty salon. You are not just selling hair and beauty services – you are selling a dream. It is important that your clients leave your salon looking and feeling like a million dollars.
This post sponsored by TheSalonOutlet.com